Saturday, January 30, 2016

A bad time to need the baño

What's going on fam,

Wow a lot has happened this last week and I got a bunch of little stories to share about things that happened that I thought was funny. The first story is called "A bad time to need the baño" Well I just finished eating at a members house and really needed to go to the bathroom. So after a few minutes of talking and all that I asked if I could use their bathroom and like always they say for sure. Anyways when I got in there my mouth about dropped to the floor because I was about to relieve myself, but the toilet didn't have any water in it and didn't have a seat. Great now I have to squat above the toilet and hope nothing bad happens. A few minutes pass and I thought all was well until I noticed the bucket next to me full of used paper, are you flipping kidding me. I wish I could have held it because this bathroom was pretty bad and to add to all this the sink was broken too. 

"Who wants a Tamale?" My comp and I just got back to the house when a Tamale vender was right outside our window. We live on the top floor so he told me to turn off the lights so I did. He cracked the window open just a little bit. The Tamale venders in Mexico ride the Nacho Libre bikes around and have horns on the front the yell TAMALES!!! To get there attention you whistle. So my comp cracked the window open and whistled so the guy got off his bike and looked around, but there was no one there. My comp did it like 5 times it was super funny. 

"Watch your step." My comp and I were at the church with one of our investigators to play soccer with the young men of the ward and my comp and I sat on the side. Anyways this little boy about 12 years old was walking in the little patch of grass we have at the church talking to another kid and I noticed a mountain of dog crap in the grass. Honestly it would be almost imposible to miss it, but this kid wasn't looking at the ground and stepped 1 inch away. No way I told my comp to look because this kid almost destroyed his shoe and as I said that he moved his foot right on top of the mountain of dog crap and his friend started to laugh because it seriously almost went into his shoe.

"Baby I'm worth it." This last Sunday right after sacrament someones ringtone started going off and we have a sign before you enter that says turn all phones off, but you know how that goes. Anyways this ringtone was the song Baby I'm worth it and it was going off for about 10-15 seconds the member I was sitting with couldn't keep a straight face and it made things worse that I couldn't either. 

Happy Birthday Mom I hope it was supper awesome and I love you so much and am so thankful that you made the choice to join the church so that I could be here in Mexico teaching others about what truly matters in life. Being here makes it more clear to me that what truly matters is the gospel and family. Love you with all my heart.

-Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment