Monday, March 14, 2016

1st transfer!!!!

Changes coming up and I'm going to leave my first area finally and I have been here almost 6 months. Changes are on the 29th and of course I have no idea where they will send me, but I'm ready to leave this area and meet new people and try to find more people to teach. I have had a ton of fun in this area with both of my comps and have learned a ton in the last 6 months here in Mexico. This last Saturday we had an activity in the church to help us find news and get referrals from the members. We made a little visitors center with a bunch of pictures of Jesus Christ and other things and contacted a ton of people outside of the church to get people to come in through this visitors center and teach a little so that we could find some that where interested in taking the discussions from us. My comp did this in his last area and it had a ton of success and they found a good amount of people that wanted to listen so that's why we decided to do it again, but here. Honestly it went pretty bad and we didn't get any news and the people outside were very rude. This is how it would go down, " Good morning how are you doing? Well we have a little visitor center going on here in the church to get to know a little bit more about us and it's super fast and will only take 5-10 minutes." A lot of these people would either keep walking and not look at us, say they didn't have time, or when we went to shake their hand would jump out of the way and start to laugh as if we had some disease. As well as we didn't get that much help from the members which really hurt us. After all of this it bugged me a little because we didn't get the help of the members and the people in the street were rough, but in these moments I always remember Jesus Christ and how he was the Son of God and people still rejected him, laughed at him, spat on him, and later killed him. I had a good time though with this activity and it helped me practice my Spanish. 

Sick really we have had a bunch of people get sick with influenza here and it has been going around, but luckily my comp and I haven't been sick yet.  Oh my word I have an investigator that is 14 and she has the same face as Madison and almost the same attitude. It is the Mexican version of Maddy for real. Anyways I love you all and hope that you just having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment