Monday, November 9, 2015

Street Tacos

Dear Familia,

Oh my goodness this time of my life is full of adventure and mystery's at every corner. This last Thursday I had to go to the offices because my comp needed to renew his visa so I got to hang out there for awhile. Some of the Elders asked me if I wanted to go through the Tiangis with them and look around. They are like a bunch of little shops down one street. Anyways and they said we can get tacos too. I was warned before don't eat from those places until you have hit a year in the mission. Oh how I wish I did. So I got a taco and it was super good and only 20 minutes after I ate it my stomach was being a little weird and I didn't think much of it. Then the second we got back to the offices I had to go pretty bad so I speed walked to the bathroom and let it go. Little did I know that I would be in butt pain for the next two days. Now I'm all good and feel totally better. Well Christmas is coming up and I know that there is not much I can do with the money I have, but I have been getting little treats and things that my comp really likes for him. I just thought it would be nice to do and it makes me feel super good even better than getting something. Ok so I'm singing in the choir that they have for this next Sunday because it is stake conference and I have to because my comp plays the piano. They said that these people in the choir are the best out of the stake and to be honest I think a group of cats and dogs could make prettier sounds than these people do. If you were to get survivors from the Titanic to listen it would bring back the memories of that awful day. That's a little mean, but it's true. Earlier today we went to the center of Mexico City and looked at some really cool cathedrals around there and while we were sitting on a bench with a member in the only park in Mexico City a guy walked by and looked at me and I said, ¨Good afternoon.¨ and he said it back. Then the member that we were with said that guy was gay and I was like how do you know. I know because he looked back at you five times already since we started talking. Oh that's a little weird. Then I just lost it because I thought it was super funny. I was talking with Pres and his wife the other day and they said that it looks like you will have the new Pres and his wife for about 10 days before you go home. Oh yeah and my return date says July 22nd 2017 it is really two weeks earlier than that because they want to make sure that no one has problems going home so I'm really only going to be out 23 1/2 months. My Book of Mormon reading has been totally fantastic because every time I have read I get a question answered and it is blowing my mind. The blessings I see now because of the knowledge that is coming while I read is just out of this world. It reminds me of the time when I was really young and the missionaries were sharing the stories that are in it and how cool they are and now it brings back those times and I'm loving it. We are doing good with the people we are teaching and we had 11 less actives at church this last Sunday. They want us to work more with the less actives in order to strengthen the members because they baptize a lot every year, but the people that come to church remains the same so that is what we are working on and it is great even though I don't understand what is going on half the time. The words I probably say the most to my comp is, ¨What did they say and what is going on?¨ Apparently I can renew my green card when I turn 21 and it stays valid for the rest of my life and I can technically buy property down here cool huh. I'm going through about as much milk here as I was at home it's to dang good and for some reason it is apart of me. I love you all so very much and love hearing the stories back at home. Keep reading and listening to the Spirit because he has some pretty cool things he wants you to do. Love you and have an amazing week.
-Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment