Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Last Letter from the USA

Querido Familia,

 So it looks like I'm leaving this Monday August 31 and I was blessed with a straight flight from Salt Lake to Mexico City and it's about 3:57 long so it's almost like going to Indianapolis. Thanks for the box of stuff and gracias for my Spanish PMG right now I have one that is flipping huge and is a pain to have. Well the time has finally come for me to leave the MTC and head off to Mexico it amazes me to see the new missionaries come in and I'm leaving because when I first came in I thought it was going to be a really long time before I got to head out, but it's already here YEAH!!!
 I have grown really close with my district and I love them so much, all of them have helped me in times of need and I love when they want to come talk with me about whatever. It has really been a blessing in my life to be able to come to the Provo MTC and not the Mexico City and I'll tell you why. There were multiple times when I thought ok why was I sent here, what I'm I supposed to do? It took some time to figure out why I was here and what I needed to do. I have built really good relationships here and would love to continue them después mi misión. My companion Elder Smith tells me all the time that I'm a blessing to him because he said he wouldn't know how to do it with just him and my other comp and the funny thing is I told him the same thing. We came to the conclusion that his is a trail for the both of us to overcome and prepare us for our companions in the future.
 There is another reason I was sent here I think, but I'm not going to share it with you at this time just because it hit me pretty hard. Anyways wow Haha apparently Maddie Phelps said some pretty funny stuff about me when she got her wisdom teeth out. Ok this past week I have done a lot with getting other Elders out of the residence and on their way as well as trying to learn as much as I can and the funny thing is we study all day long, but yet it's not enough time. All I want to do is learn as much as I can before I head out. The Nashville Tribute band is pretty good huh I really enjoyed it when they came for that one devotional and word on the street is that Elder Bednar is coming today to speak so that will be awesome.
 I have learned so much here and I have felt so good being here I talked to a Brother who went to my mission and he gave me so much advice for when I get down there like put socks in the baptismal font spout so that the water will be light green instead of dark green with bird feathers and other things as well as a cool little trick to make warm water for showers. I had a great time hearing things about where I will be  in a week. I can't wait to talk to you and hear how things are going and tell you some things.  Even today there is so much stuff I don't understand, but I know if I stay clean and do what needs to be done the reason will come when it is best for me. Siblings keep your grades up and work hard and make the most of it. I love you all and The blessings I have seen are so wonderful. Everyday gets better and better.

- Elder Wolford









No comments:

Post a Comment