Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Stuffed with Food and the Gospel

Dear family,
 
Oh my goodness I have so much stuff I want to tell you about these past few weeks. Let's start with the food here it's not that bad, but it is nowhere near being as good as your food Mom I mean not even close. I thought I would possibly lose weight here, but they feed us everything on this earth that causes heart disease and I'm a little worried that I could actually gain weight. They hardly have anything healthy here so I always try to get fruit and vegetables for every meal. Oh just the other day I noticed in the lunch room when I was putting my dishes away something was not right with the conveyor belt because on one side Elders and Sisters were putting their dishes on, but on the other side nothing was going through so I looked to see what the problem was and Lo and Behold there was a mountain of trays and plates piling higher and higher. Knowing in my mind this is not good at all I tried my best to tear down this mountain just like John Henry. My hands moving so quickly to solve this great trial I almost conquered Dish Mountain, but my efforts were in vain because my fellow Elders and Sisters kept adding to the mountain and had no clue of why the dishes were not coming out the other side. I finally got your package yesterday and it was like Christmas all the goodies, pictures, and letters was the highlight of my day. Honestly though I don't need anymore cookies and treats for awhile because I can only eat them when I'm at the residence. The pictures look great and yes I would love more all I need is another book to put them in. Ok those papers you sent me are crazy and yes that guy at Wells Fargo needs to come unto Christ and actually help people with their problems and not trick them into things. That reminds me of a quote I heard during a devotional from Elder Bednar he said, " Every time when a lesson goes well for an investigator we seem to say, "That was me", but when it doesn't go the way we hoped, " The woman thou gavest me." Ha I thought that was so funny. So far I love both of my companions and my district is so amazing. Everyone has a way different personality, but that is what makes it so fun and interesting. It's pretty difficult to look after 12 other people so Mom good job for all the wonderful things you do. Gabe, Eli, Isaiah make sure you do whatever you can to help around the house and help Mom out. 
   So last week I saw an Elder that came in on Wednesday and he had a tie pin that looked very familiar to me. I called him over to see it up closer then I couldn't believe it. He had the same arrowhead tie pin I did and I asked him where he got it. He said I got it through some of my family members and I asked him if those family members were the Denison's, he paused for a second and asked how I knew them and of course all I had to say was Dustin married my sister.  It's crazy how small this world really is. 
   Spanish is getting there um at first I was flipping out about it a little then I realized I have only been here for a couple of weeks and I already know way more then I did before. Now I can almost say the whole first vision in Spanish which is pretty cool. I have only been to the Provo temple twice and it's one of my favorite things to do here and so far I have seen all the new videos. I can't believe that I have almost been here for three weeks it really goes by so fast. My companion that is from England said something really funny the other day and we all promised to do it at least once while on our mission he said, " Yo bautismo usted!" In English it means, " I baptism you!" It's the straight forward approach. 
    Ok so another fun game that you can play as a family is called spike ball and it's very similar to volleyball. You have a small trampoline and a little ball. Four people can play at a time and you have a partner so it's 2V2 and you can only hit it 3 times and not twice in a row. Look for it because it's so much fun!!! That's pretty much what I do during my gym time, oh and I saw Mackey Trainer the other day as I was crossing the street and she started yelling at me. I just keep on going and she parked the car and tried to walk up and talk to me as I was playing spike ball. She yelled out Elder Wolford and I told her I'm not supposed to have visitors and that's when one of the workers said we don't want him to get into trouble now do we?
      Well I got to get going I love you all more than you could know and I'm comforted and glad that we have the opportunity to live together forever. It is now my job to help bring the light of Christ unto our lost brothers and sisters. This church is the true church because it is the church of Jesus Christ. Just yesterday I was asked a question during a lesson that really brought me to repentance and the question was when was the last time you complained? For some reason that hit me really hard and that's when the thought came to me. Wow I complain a lot like I'm tired or my back hurts, or why does this matter, then I remembered the story of Jesus when he was in the garden and how he asked his most trusted friends and apostles to just stay up one hour with him, but he found them asleep 3 times. I would be pretty angry. Our Savior suffered for all the pains, afflictions, and sins and didn't utter a word of complaint. Please read that story as a family and ponder on what you feel because it really is an amazing story. It shows how much he really cares for us even if we don't care for him. Again I love you all to the ends of this earth and more. 
 
- Elder Wolford

No comments:

Post a Comment